Monday, February 16, 2009

Let's talk about Downtown PA dinner spots!

Hi--I know this is a little random for a condo website blog, but I got an email from someone in NY who is moving out here and they specifically wanted to know where the best place for a "Valentine's Dinner" might be. I sent him back a response but thought I would post some of that here too, in case there are others from out of town who want to know more about downtown nightlife!
There are many, many resturant choices in downtown PA but here would be my top 3 "Valentine Dinner" restaurants:
1) Osteria-- this is a Palo Alto staple, they've been open for at least 20 years (or as long as I can remember). The food has an Italian flavor to it, the best dish is probably the chicken piccata. It's quaint, small, good date spot.
2) Evvia-- this is a probably my favorite restuarant in Palo Alto in terms of just reviewing the food. The atmosphere is much louder than Osteria, and it's more expensive, but you cannot beat the food.  If I had to describe the food, Id say it's a mix of Greek and Italian. There isn't one thing to reccommend, it's all good.
3) Lavanda-- It's really more of a wine bar--- if you are just going out for a drink this is a great spot. The atmosphere is nice, the employees fall over themselves to make sure you are happy. It certainly qualifies as a Valentine Evening spot. The food is good, if not spectacular. 

Periodically, I get emails from people around the country wondering about different aspects of Palo Alto and I think I might use this blog to educate those who don't live here on the finer details of our city......

No comments:

Post a Comment